Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Homemade Guacamole

I have been told that I make AMAZING guacamole. I typically just throw my ingredients in without measuring, but I have had so many requests to post this recipe that I actually sat down and wrote out the ingredients and measurements. I don't like overly creamy guacamole...I like some small avocado chunks in my version, so just FYI.

This recipe is super easy and fast to make. I think people should really strive to make their own fresh guacamole instead of buying store bought. I try my hardest to use the freshest of ingredients. There is just no comparison in taste. This recipe is Gluten free and goes great with veggies if you are trying to stay away from chips. But I eat it with chips and veggies :)

Just a note when picking out your avocados, make sure that when you gently press them they are soft. You do not want firm avocados when making guacamole.

With summer now in full swing, this recipe is a HUGE winner in my house and in our neighborhood for all my friends! I make at least 3 batches for our summer parties!

Ingredients:
  • 8 fresh avocados
  • 4 limes
  • 5 tablespoons chopped cilantro
  • 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion - optional (white or red is fine. Using a red onion will give it more of an onion taste)
  • 1 chopped garlic clove
  • 2 tablespoons shredded cheese (I use a Monterey and Mild Cheddar mix)
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions:
  • Cut your avocados horizontally. Remove the seed, spoon out the avocado and put into a mixing bowl.
                            
  •  Squeeze as much of the juice out of your 4 limes as you can into the mixing bowl. I use a citrus press and it works wonders!
                            
  • Wash and then chop your fresh cilantro and place into the mixing bowl. Do the same with your onion and garlic clove.
                            
  • Sprinkle your cheese in the mixing bowl.
  • Add 1 teaspoon of garlic salt.
  • I take a potato smasher and smash all my ingredients together in the mixing bowl. I then stir until it's very well blended. Feel free to add a bit more garlic salt for taste if you feel it needs more.
  • Serve with your favorite chips, veggies or with any Mexican dish.
                             
 
   
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS