Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Crock Pot Roasted Garlic Herb Chicken

I had a friend include me in a recipe exchange email chain and I'm so glad she did! I got a FANTASTIC crock pot recipe and I'm so excited to share it! I love crock pot recipes. They are perfect for fall weather and busy schedules! 

This one is super interesting because of the garlic and lemon. The taste came out amazing and the chicken was very tender. This one is gluten free, as long as your chicken broth has no gluten included. It took me 10 minutes to prep this one and then off I went with my day!

Enjoy this super easy recipe and thanks to Mrs. Vicki Davidson for passing it along! It's definitely worth repeating!



Ingredients:

  • Whole Chicken
  • 1cup chopped celery
  • 2 cups baby carrots
  • Chicken broth (gluten free)
  • 6 cloves garlic
  • 1 tsp dried rosemary
  • 1 lemon
  • 1 tsp salt 
  • 1/2 tsp pepper

Directions:

Place carrots & celery at the bottom of the slow cooker, and pour chicken broth over the celery and carrots just to cover them. Place chicken on top.

In a bowl mix the garlic, juice of the lemon, rosemary and salt & pepper to taste. Save the lemon rinds. Then rub this mixture onto the chicken.

                                      

Throw the lemon rinds in the crock pot and cover. Cook on low for 5-6 hours until chicken falls off the bone.





1 comment:

  1. Great recipe Amanda! Love the pictures! What restaurant have you had the best Roasted Garlic Herb Chicken? Remember to add it to your Besty List! http://www.thebesty.com/amandasrecipesworthrepeating

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS