Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Great Snack: Green Apple and Peanut Butter Sandwich

So I started working out pretty hard core at the start of the year.  I'm not trying to lose weight but I am working out 5 days a week in the gym with a trainer on certain days and I cut my calories to 1400 a day!  I want to focus on lean muscle and to get some of the fat off!  I'm at 20% body fat - which is not bad at all!  I'm 5'7, 130 lbs but I want to have more of a muscular build and get this flab off my belly so it's super flat!  So - with this new routine comes new and healthier recipes!!  I'm eating every 2-3 hours so I started my search of healthier snacks and betters meals!  I LOVE this one and had to share it!  This is a South Beach recipe and it's SO easy and super healthy!  With my BUSY schedule of a full time job, 2 kiddos under 5, hubby who travels and now 5 days of working out pretty hard core...I need fast, easy and healthy!  So here is my snack recipe.  Enjoy it!  It's holds you over great as a snack!

Ingredients:
1 tablespoon of creamy or crunchy trans-fat-free peanut butter
1 large whole-grain crispbread cracker (use 1 piece of Ezekiel bread if you are Gluten free)
1/8 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced

Directions:
Spread peanut butter on cracker and top with apple slices.

Makes 1 serving.

Nutrition:
Per serving: Calories 130, 8 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 5 g protein, 13 g carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 65 mg sodium




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS