Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Roasted Chicken with Fresh Herbs

How horrible am I!  I have not posted in awhile!  Sorry for the delay but life happens and you get busy...

I have a friend who i used to work with (sweet Rachel!!) who shared this wonderful recipe with me and it is so yummy and good for you!  This is GLUTEN FREE and reminds me of those Sunday afternoons when my mom used to cook all afternoon and the house would smell so good!  But this wont take you all afternoon!

Below is the recipe and I used fresh herbs.  HERBS -  you can use ANY combo.  I used thyme and Rosemary but you can do a combo of fresh herbs and it will be fantastic!
Enjoy!

Ingredients:
1 cut up roaster chicken
2 lemons, thickly sliced
5-6 cloves garlic, keep peels on and lightly smash so garlic is somewhat broken
2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
Fresh sprigs of herbs (see my comment above)
White wine
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Place chicken pieces in glass roasting dish
Liberally salt and pepper the chicken. Place garlic cloves and onions in the pan on top of chicken
arrange lemons on top, cover with herbs (keep on stalks so you can remove after roasting)
Drizzle (lightly) with olive oil.

Roast for about 40 minutes. Pour about a cup of wine over the top and turn temp to 400. Continue roasting until chicken is brown and done. (About half hour more).

Below is a picture of the chicken before I cooked it and of course, after I cooked it :)


 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS