Pages

Monday, June 17, 2013

Baja-Style Soft Chicken Tacos

This one is a keeper!!  I'm telling you...it may sound silly, but I find some REALLY good recipes from my local grocery store!  Yep - this one came from my local grocery!


I made this for my husband for Father's Day and he loved it!  I made a whole spread of his favorite Mexican foods (see photo).  My kiddos loved it too and asked for seconds! This was so easy to make.  It's very light but keeps you full.  This one is gluten free - but make sure you use soft corn tortillas if you are gluten free.

This one took 20 minutes to make start to finish.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 lb rotisserie chicken pulled from bones, white and dark meat
1/2 cup of mild salsa (add up to a cup if you like more of a salsa taste)
6-8 (8-inch) corn tortillas, warmed
Lime wedges for serving

Cabbage and Cilantro Slaw
1 pkg shredded cabbage
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
3 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
2 Tbsp Vegetable Oil
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)

Directions:

To make the slaw, combine all Cabbage and Cilantro Slaw ingredients in a large bowl.  Set aside.
Combine chicken with salsa.  To assemble the tacos, top each tortilla with 2 to 3 tablespoons of chicken and a spoonful of cabbage slaw.  Serve with fresh lime wedges.  Refrigerate any leftovers.

Makes 6 to 8 tacos.






No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS