Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Curry Chicken Breasts

I have a really good friend (Mrs. Heather) who is a FABULOUS cook!  I get the BEST recipes from her!  I was over at her house for a scrapbooking weekend several months ago and went through her recipe cards.  I stumbled upon this recipe and finally made it tonight.  Oh...and it was soooo good!  Why did I wait so long!!!  My kids devoured it and my husband got seconds!

You can make this one mild or hot.  I chose to make the mild version for us tonight since my kiddos don't like spicy food, but if you like curry and Indian food - you'll love this one.

I served this over a bed of Basmati rice and a side of steamed broccoli, but a salad would go really well with this one.

This one is Gluten free regardless if you make the mild version or the spicy version.  You just need to read your ingredients labels.  Franks RedHot Original sauce and Tabasco Brand Pepper Sauce is Gluten free (be careful - not all Tabasco products are Gluten Free).  As far as the Chili Sauce, Thai Kitchen Sweet Red Chili Sauce is Gluten Free.  Just make sure you read your labels. Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce is Gluten Free.

To make the mild version of this recipe, just leave out the hot pepper sauce and chili sauce.  If you like it hot - follow the recipe exactly as is below.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

4 Chicken Breast Halves
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 Teaspoons Curry Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Hot Pepper Sauce
1 Tablespoon Oil (I used Olive Oil)
4 Teaspoons Chili Sauce
1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/4 Cup Chopped Onion

Directions:

Heat oil in a large skillet.  Brown chicken on both sides.  In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Pour over chicken.  Add onion.  Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.  Serve with rice.




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS