Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Clean Your Fruit Chemical Free!!

I just had to share this one because it works so well!  A lot of you probably have already seen this on the Internet, but I wanted to re-post.  I tried this today and it works!  When we buy fruit from the store, it's covered with chemicals and wax.  When we rinse them off, you only get a portion of the wax and substances off.  I have even seen some people take a scrubber and soap and water to their fruit to try to get them clean.

Try this instead.  This worked well for me today.   My strawberries taste so fresh!!


Steps:

  1. Fill sink with cold water.
  2. Add 1 cup of vinegar and stir.
  3. Add any fruit you want and let it soak for 10 minutes.
  4. Water will be dirty and fruit will be shiny and sparkly with no wax or dirty film.  
  5. Rinse fruit with clean water and store as usual.
  6. This is great for berries too - keeps them from molding as fast.  I tried this with my strawberries too and made a huge difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS