Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Lemon Blueberry Muffin Bread

I have been in the mood to bake since Thursday...and this is weird for me because I typically don't enjoy baking as much as I do cooking.  But I ran into a recipe that I have been dying to try so I made it today.  It taste SO incredibly good that I made 3 loaves.  2 regular loaves and 1 gluten free loaf. It tastes like a big Ole blueberry muffin!!!

I found this recipe from a woman by the name of Jenna Weber.  She is a pastry chef and you can read more about here at this site: EatLiveRun.com.

By far the BEST loaf of bread I have ever made and you CAN make this gluten free!!  For the Gluten Free loaf, I used Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful Bread Mix.  For the regular loaves, I used King Arthur Bread Flour.  

I also have to take a minute and tell everyone about a new product I have fallen in love with. The bread came out as well as it did because of the bread pan I used. It will absolutely make your baking experience better.  The company is called Demarle.  You may have heard of this product because Martha Stewart made the silipat famous, but the cookware is amazing.  It's silicone and glass.  It bends and twists and I promise you will NEVER user another 13X9 Pyrex dish once you try this.

I get so sick of using the silver metal bread pans because they rust very easily.  When I found out about this bread pan, I had to try it.  Since it's silicone and glass, you don't have to use any cooking sprays or oils, butters or Crisco.  That makes me SUPER happy because if you read the ingredients in those products (like PAM)...it's a bunch of added preservatives we just dont need.  For my bread loaf, I poured the batter in and let it cook.  Took it out of the over, let it cool for 10 minutes, turned the bread upside down and it came out PERFECTLY!  No sticking, no crumbs, no breaking...it was perfect (see my 2nd picture below)!  The product is from France and I HIGHLY recommend it.  If you need to order one, message me and I can give you my consultant's number.

Anyway - enjoy the bread and remember that the products you use really do help your cooking/baking experience and the quality of the food!

Ingredients

  • 2 cups all purpose flour (Or use Gluten Free flour if you are going Gluten Free)
  • 1 ½ tsp baking powder
  • ½ tsp salt
  • 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups blueberries (12 oz)
  • 2 tsp lemon zest
  • ½ cup vanilla yogurt, regular or lowfat
  • Directions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
  2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt. Add the blueberries and lemon zest and toss to combine.
  3. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the yogurt then the dry ingredients, mixing only until incorporated and being careful not to crush the blueberries.
  4. Scoop batter into your prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting gently onto a plate.
  5. Yield: makes 1 loaf




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS