Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Sausage Balls - Southern Style

I was born and raised in the South.  There are many things I love about the South, but Southern food has to be in my top 5 list of favorite things.  I am a health fanatic.  I am huge on eating healthy and working out - BUT sometimes I just cant deny myself some of the best recipes I have encountered!

Anyone who is from the south knows about sausage balls.  They are ridiculously delicious and addicting!  You just cant eat only 1!  It's my turn to bring snack to church tomorrow and I'm about to introduce my west coast people to some southern yumminess!!

Now - you CAN make these Gluten Free because Bisquick makes a Gluten Free version!  YEAH! Thank you Betty Crocker!  You can order it here on this site: http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/bisquick/products/bisquick_gluten_free

Ok - these are super simple and great for baby showers, bridal showers, appetizers or a church get together.

Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 1 (1-pound) package ground sausage
  • 3 cups of Bisquick (use the Gluten Free version if you are Gluten Free!)
  • 4 cups grated sharp Cheddar cheese
  • 1/8 tablespoon pepper


Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
  • Spray baking sheet with vegetable oil cooking spray (I lay down aluminum foil so it keeps my cookie sheets looking new).
  • Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
  • Mix well with your fingers.  The mixture will be very crumbly.
  • Form into 1 inch balls, squeezing the mixture so it holds together, then rolling it between palms of your hands to form balls.
  • Place the balls on the baking sheet.
  • Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  • To prevent sticking, move the balls with a spatula halfway through cooking.







No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS