Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Quick Peppery Cheese Bread

My friend at work shared this recipe with me, so I decided to try it this weekend!   This goes wonderfully with soups, but especially my potato cheese soup.  My friend sent me this recipe from "The Southern Lady Cooks!"  Their website is http://thesouthernladycooks.com/.  Being from the south, this site is right up my ally!  I love southern recipes!  Makes me feel like I'm home :)

You can make this bread gluten free if you use a gluten free flour.  The recipe is so easy my kids loved it!

Enjoy!

Ingredients:


  • 2 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten free flour if you are gluten free!)
  • 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or use your favorite cheese)
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
  • 1 cup buttermilk
  • 1/2 cup butter or margarine or 8 tablespoons or 1 stick, melted
  • 2 eggs


Directions:

  • In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper.
  • In a smaller bowl, beat the eggs, melted butter and buttermilk together with a whisk.
  • Add to flour mixture and mix with a spoon just enough to wet all the ingredients.
  • Pour mixture in 9x5 inch loaf pan that has just the bottom sprayed or greased.
  • Bake in a pre-heated over at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
  • Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
  • Makes one loaf.  Store in refrigerator.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS