Pages

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Appetizer - Grilled Chicken Wings

This past weekend was Memorial Day here in the States and we always celebrate with a big cookout at my house!  We had several friends/family over and it was a great time!  My husband found a recipe for Grilled Chicken Wings and I thought what a perfect opportunity to make these at my Memorial Day cookout to serve as an appetizer!  I have never made wings before.  But they were just amazing...I made 45 wings and they were gone in 7 minutes...I watched the clock!!  And I only had 9 people over!! 

My husband found this recipe at our local grocery store so please look out for excellent recipes at your local grocer!!  This one is Gluten Free.  It's a lot of prep work but so worth it...my husband is already asking when I'm making them again!  LOL!  I tripled my recipe below. Enjoy this one...try this recipe for your next cook out!  It's a great appetizer!

Ingredients:

4 Tbsp. fresh minced garlic
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (increase if you want them hot...I like mild)
1 tsp salt
1 lb chicken wings
1 1/2 cups Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing
2 Cups KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce (I used the original recipe)

Directions:

Light charcoal or gas grill.  Mix garlic, cayenne pepper and salt.  Rub on wings.  Pour Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing into a big bowl, add wings and stir until all wings are nicely coated. 




Remove wings and place on aluminum foil and fold into pockets.  I recommend spraying each aluminum foil pocket with a non stick spray so they don't stick.  I placed about 10 wings in 1 pocket.  Place the pockets on the grill for 90 minutes. (The meat was falling off the bones at 90 min so you could lessen it to 80 minutes if you want).




Remove the wings from the pockets and finish over moderate flame.  Baste with BBQ sauce and leave on the grill for maybe 3-4 minutes...just enough to get the BBQ taste.  Serve with Ranch and Blue Cheese dressing.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS