Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chicken with Parmesan Noodles

I just made a YUMMY dinner!  My daughter had 2 FULL servings!!  For Mother's Day, my husband bought me a magazine called 30 Minute Dinners and that is where this one came from. He wrapped it up in a big basket with another magazine and a basket FULL of relaxing bath bubbles and salts and oils...my man is amazing!  He touched on my favorite things for mother's Day...Food, Reading and Bath Stuff :)

It's been in the mid 90's here today so I thought it would be good to make a pasta dish that is GLUTEN FREE and light for summer.  I paired this one up with a glass of white wine and salad and it made it extremely tasty!

I'm adding a couple of pictures of me cooking since I had some time tonight!  Start to finish - this one took 20 minutes.  This one is Gluten Free if you use gluten free noodles.  Again, I recommend Quinoa...you just cant taste the difference!  Here's the ingredients:

Ingredients:

1 9 ounce package of noodles (use Quiona if you are Gluten Free)
2 Tablespoon butter or margarine
4 large carrots, thinly sliced
1 1/2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts halves, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/4 cup of purchased basil pesto (I bought Classico)
1/4 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1 ounce) - make sure you buy a fresh block and grate it...it tastes so much better
Dash Ground Pepper
Olive Oil
Fresh basil Leaves
Dash Salt

Directions:

1. Cook pasta according to package directions.  Meanwhile, in an extra-large skillet, melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter over medium heat.  Add carrots and stir for 5-7 minutes or until carrots become slightly tender.

2. Add chicken in a separate skillet with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.  Cook and stir for 7-10 minutes until chicken is no longer pink.  Add pesto; toss to coat.

3.
3.  Drain the pasta.  Return to pan and toss with the remaining 1 Tablespoon butter.  Divide pasta among four plates.  Add chicken to plates.  Top chicken with Parmesan cheese; if desired, sprinkle with pepper.  If desired, drizzle chicken with olive oil and/or garnish with basil.  Makes 4 servings.

Each Serving: 567 cal., 19 g fat, 164 mg chol, 452 mg sodium, 47 g carbs, 5 g fiber, 52 g protein.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS