Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Fire-It-Up Burgers with Grilled Zucchini

I have been on vacation with my family for the past week in San Diego so I have not posted in about a week!  We went to Legoland and my kids keep calling San Diego San Di-lego!  We all had a great time...even though it was cold there...weird for June. 

Anyway... I haven't cooked in a week so I figured it's time to cook and post a new recipe!  This one is easy...its a burger recipe.  I'm actually going to give you 2 recipes today! I love burgers and I love finding different recipes for burgers! 

This recipe came from my grocer....just LOVE their recipes!  It's easy and tastes amazing.  My friends love this recipe and it has become a favorite when we have cook outs at our house!  This one is Gluten Free!  The 2nd recipe is for grill Zucchini.  These zucchini came out of my parent's garden..they were excellent!

Burgers

Ingredients:

1 lb Lean Ground Beef
1 cups of your favorite medium salsa
1/2 cup crushed corn tortilla chips
1 Tbsp garlic salt
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 cup chopped green onions (optional)

Directions:

Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.  Combine beef, salsa and tortilla chips.  Mix in seasonings and the onions.  Shape into  4 burgers.  Grill 5 minutes on each side or until temp in the center reaches 160F. in center.  Add your favorite cheese on top and they are ready to serve.

Grilled Zucchini

2 Fresh Zucchini
Fresh grated Parmesan Cheese (I used Kraft Fresh Grated - see picture below)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Take your zucchini and wash them thoroughly.  Cut into long chunks (see photo).  Place the fresh cut zucchini on Reynolds Wrap Non-Stick Foil and turn the edges up slightly.  Spread 1-2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on zucchini along with salt and pepper and Parmesan cheese.  Grill about 7-10 minutes - or until your desired texture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS