Pages

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Sauteed Chicken in Mustard Cream Sauce

It has been a couple of weeks since I have posted. Life is so busy! The kids are getting older (although they are still so little) and with my work and my husband's work and extracurricular activities...I have had a hard time sitting down and posting! And the Olympic Trials are on so I'm all over that!!

BUT - it's Saturday and the hubby is folding laundry (YEAH!!) and kiddos are napping! And guess what I’m doing other than posting a new recipe? Yes - I am cooking! Cooking is such a stress reliever for me. So is deep cleaning...LOL! Anyway - I found a fantastic chicken recipe on Martha Stewart's site. We love chicken at our house and there are a lot of ways to make chicken - but I'm always looking for more!! This recipe calls for dairy so if you have a dairy allergy you should stay away. It is gluten free and tasty! Takes a 20-25 minutes to make this one.

Ingredients:

4 Boneless skinless chicken breasts

1/4 tsp salt

1/4 tsp pepper

2 Tablespoons olive oil

1/4 cup chicken broth (Use gluten free kind if you are going Gluten Free)

1/2 cup heavy whipping cream

2 Tablespoons Dijon Mustard

1 Tsp dried tarragon (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh)

Directions:

Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; sauté until cooked through. Once the chicken is no longer pink inside, transfer the chicken breasts to a plate and keep warm.

Then pour the chicken broth into a hot skillet. cook, stirring until reduced by half. Whisk in the cream, Dijon mustard and tarragon. Cook, whisking, until thickened about 2-5 minutes.

Drizzle the cream sauce over the chicken and you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS