Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

My Homemade Spaghetti Sauce

This one has been in my family for generations.  I have no idea where this recipe came from but my mom has made it ever since I can remember.  This is our family’s homemade spaghetti sauce.  My kids love this one.  This one is gluten free.  Serve over any pasta you like - but my family has come to love the Quiona brand.  My kids cant taste the difference and it is so much better for you than regular wheat pasta.  Quiona has seven different pastas available: Elbows, Linguine, Spaghetti, Rotelle, Shells, Garden Pagodas and Veggie Curls. Quinoa is an amino acid-rich (protein) seed that has a fluffy, creamy, slightly crunchy texture and a somewhat nutty flavor when cooked. It’s been proven that Quiona helps with migraines and cardiovascular health…you should for sure check this pasta out!  Enjoy the sauce!

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
½ chopped onion
1 ½ tsp oregano
¼ tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 can tomato paste
1 clove fresh garlic
2 cups water
1 tbsp of brown sugar
2 bay leaves

Directions:

Brown meat with chopped onion.  Add browned meat and all other ingredients together and cook at a slow rolling boil for about 45 min to an hour.  Feel free to adjust salt and brown sugar as needed for the taste you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS