Pages

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Chicken Salad

It's hard to find a good chicken salad recipe.  I have only found 2 out there that I really like and I'm going to list one of them here.  This is my mom's recipe.  I have no idea where it came from, but she has been making it before I can remember.  This recipe is simple and it calls for simple ingredients.  There is nothing fancy about this recipe and that is what I like about it. 

I tend to go easy on the mayonnaise because I have found that some people don't like a lot of mayo in their chicken salad and some do.  The ones who want more (like my husband) can add some additional mayo onto their sandwich bread.  Feel free to increase the mayo in this recipe to get the amount you like.  Also - this is very important.  This salad tastes better when you finely chop up the celery and onions.  I use the Pampered Chef food chopper.  Works excellent and it's so fast.  I anybody needs a Pampered Chef order...let me know.  My friend sells their products and I can get you a great connection!

This one is Gluten Free and goes well on sandwiches, crackers and salads.  If you are gluten free - make sure you check your crackers and bread to ensure there is no gluten.  My hubby eats this one with saltines, Ritz Crackers and sandwich bread.  It has become one of his frequent requests!

Enjoy :)

Ingredients:

1 lb chicken breasts
2 stalks of celery, finely chopped
2-3 tablespoons of finely chopped onion
1/4 cup chopped pecans
1/3 to 1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup of red grapes sliced in half
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:

Boil the chicken breasts in a pot of water until done and no longer pink.  Once done, set aside to cool.  Chop your onions, celery, pecans and place them in a big bow.  Add your mayo and red grapes to the big bowl with your onion, celery and pecans. 

Once your chicken is cooled, finely shred it and drop into the bowl of ingredients.  Once that is complete, add your mayo and stir with a fork.  Add any salt or pepper that you need for taste and any additional mayo that you need.

Keep this one in the fridge - but you are ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS