Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Cream Spinach

I have a simple recipe for you tonight and it's yummy!  I just ended my women's Bible study a couple of weeks ago and for the final night, we decided to do a pot luck.  One of the ladies in my Bible study group brought this creamed spinach dish.  We all loved it and asked for the recipe.  I made it tonight for the first time and it's SO GOOD!! 

Now -let us talk about the Gluten Free aspect of this recipe.  This recipe calls for a package of Dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix. There has been a lot of controversy out there about ingredient changes to this product.  One source says that, "Lipton Dry Onion Soup Mix is gluten free, even though it lists barley. They say the barley is processed to the level that it is considered gluten free."  However - if you are not comfortable with this product, let me give you an alternative.  Try substituting dried minced onion, gluten free beef bouillon and onion powder. 

Here is the recipe for that equaling 1 packet of Onion Soup Mix:

  • 4 teaspoons Gluten Free  beef bouillon granules

  • 8 teaspoons dried onion flakes

  • 1 teaspoon onion powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
  •  
    Now - let's go on to this creamed spinach recipe!! 
     
    Ingredients:
     
    3 pkg frozen spinach
    1/2 pt sour cream
    1 pkg Dry Lipton Onion Soup Mix (OR Gluten Free Substitute Recipe above)
    1/4 cup Mozzarella Cheese
     
    Directions:
     
    Cook the spinach until tender and drain.  Mix together sour cream, Onion Soup Mix in blender.  Mix in spinach and put in a baking dish.  Add mozzarella cheese on top.  Bake 20 minutes uncovered at 350.
     
    Now I know this picture isn't that great.  I forgot to take a picture of the spinach right out of the oven so I took a picture of it on my plate with dinner!!  I'll try to get a better picture next time!!
     
     
     

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS