Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Pasta Beef Bake

I love pasta...I would rather have rice or pasta ANY DAY over sweets...so when I discovered I had a Gluten sensitivity, it broke my heart!  But - one of my best friends Marie, who is a licensed nutritionist, told me about Quinoa brand pasta and that it was corn based and tastes 99% the same as wheat pasta...I chippered up! I found this wonderful recipe on Food Network and it has become a favorite in our family!  It a total of 45 min to prep and cook together and goes great with salad and garlic bread (if you can eat garlic bread.  The one is Gluten Free - but NOT dairy free!  Try it...it stores really well as left overs too :)

Ingredients:

4 cups (cooked) of your favorite pasta ( I choose Quinoa elbow for this dish)
2 lbs lean ground beef
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce (or make your own)
2 eggs lightly beaten
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:

Cook your pasta according to the package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms over medium high heat until meat is no longer pink.  Drain.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Drain pasta and place in a large bowl; stir in the beef mixture, jar of spaghetti sauce, eggs and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.  Transfer to a greased 13 by 9  by 2 inch baking dish.  Sprinkle remaining cheese on top of the pasta/sauce mixture.  Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I really love pasta either with beef, pork or chicken! I must try this. Thanks!

    healthy food recipes

    ReplyDelete

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS