Pages

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Saucy Chicken and Asparagus

It’s been about a week since I posted so I thought I would go ahead and post even though it’s late night here!  We went over to our friend’s house tonight and they made an excellent tasting dish so I asked my friend for the recipe and she gave it to me.  This one CAN be gluten free but it is not dairy free.  This one was excellent over rice and goes great with a side salad.  I think when I try this dish, I’m going to use a rotisserie chicken and see how that tastes.  This one was great with the chicken mentioned below.  Enjoy!

 Ingredients:
1 ½ lbs asparagus spears
4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless cut into cubes
2Tablespoons olive oil
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 can cream of chicken soup, 10 ¾ oz, undiluted (get Gluten Free if you are going the gluten free route)
½ cup mayonnaise
1 tsp lemon juice
½ tsp curry powder
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
4 cups rice, cooked

Directions:
Place asparagus in a greased 9x13 baking dish. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the chicken in oil on both sides.  Season with salt and pepper.  Arrange chicken over asparagus.  In a bowl, combine soup, mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder; pour over chicken.  Cover and bake at 375F for 40 minutes or until chicken is tender and juices run clear.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Place back into the over until the cheese has melted. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS